Away from the maddening crowd: 5 Eco Resorts in Goa
June 28, 2017
Imagine your vacation in the woods surrounded with the chirping of birds, the whistling of the trees or the sound of waves breaking on the rocks. It would be a perfect vacation for you if you are tired of the mundane life of the city.
So here’s a list of eco resorts in Goa, the land of sun, sea and the sands, where you can enjoy, relax and feel that you have contributed a little towards the environment:
1. Stone Water Eco Resort: Located in Vasco da Gama, South Goa, this place is amidst trees with a beautiful view of the sea. The resort is about 4 kilometers away from Bogmallo beach. If you are with a big group of people this place is ideal.
You can also have your dream wedding here. Food at the restaurant is delicious and the staff is very polite and courteous.
2. Nature’s Nest: True to its name Nature’s Nest is located away from the maddening crowd in Sancordem North Goa. If you love to watch birds then this place is a must visit. The place has 10 cottages with private balconies. Since it’s located on the border of the Bhagwaan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary you could catch a glimpse of other animals too. The staff are not only courteous but are knowledgeable about the flora and fauna of the place.
3. Rustic Retreat Goa: Situated in a cashew plantation this resort is located in Valpoi Goa. The plantation boasts of 100 acres of cashew and there are 11 cottages that will give you a truly rustic experience.
This resort is especially good for people who are tired of the city life and want to be away from hustle and bustle for a few days. You can enjoy delicious traditional food while listening to the gurgling of the streams in the valley.
4. Jungle Book Resort: Located near the Doodhsagar Falls this place is perfect for travelers with families, especially kids. The cottages are made of mud and stones and give you a feeling that you’re camping.
The elephants are the main attraction here and are a delight to all the visitors. You can enjoy local food at this resort. A jeep takes you deep down to the waterfalls and you can see monkeys along with other wildlife.
5. Wildernest: This resort is located on the Western Ghats in Chorla Goa. The bio- diversity of this place is what will leave you in awe. Home to colorful butterflies, birds, monkeys and many other animals, the resort will make you long for more. There are hornbills and bullocks that will welcome you.
There are lots to do when you stay at this place. Nature walks on the marked trails, bird watching, treks, and hiking will keep you busy. Enjoy your cocktails at the cloud 9 garden bar. It’s got a rustic feel to it and the bartender peppers your drinks with local folklore. If you just want to laze the infinity pool is sure the place to be.
We hope you enjoyed our picks for the best eco-resorts in Goa. By staying at these places not only will you be doing your part for the environment but also experience being close to nature.